RC-RP Forum Name: Heinrich

MONTHLY NEWSLETTER - MARCH 2024

Post by Russell Adelson »

MONTHLY NEWSLETTER
THE MARCH 2024 OFFICIAL RELEASE
SPACER
Newsletter Introduction
March 2024

The month of March has been a hectic one for the Los Santos County Sheriff's Department. Between the swearing-in of Los Santos County's new Sheriff, William McKain, and the numerous Departmental changes following that, it has been difficult for the Sheriff's Information Bureau (SIB) to keep up.

During March, the SIB published a variety of press releases to the public. Five (5) of those involved Deputy-involved-Shootings (DiS) and two (2) were promotion announcements. A single Department wide public event was also scheduled, which had to be postponed until further notice due to the previous Sheriff's departure. Our Public Information Officers are hard at work trying to re-arrange the event for sometime in the near future.

On a closing note, we would like to thank the community for their continuous support in our Bureau. Several news outlets and independent journalists have expressed their desire to assist our PIO's in their day-to-day duties by providing information and photographs relevant to events that occur within the County and in which the Department was involved. We would like to remind news organizations that Press Pass applications are available, provided that they meet certain prerequisites.

We hope you enjoy this newsletter.

Sincerely,

R. ADELSON
Captain Russell Adelson
Sheriff's Information Bureau

SPACER
Department Upgrades and Promotions
March 2024

(( Upgrades and promotions are usually taken from each month’s position alterations. Responding to various criticisms & suggestions, we have decided to trial a new method of incentivizing faction members through different assignments that are only given monthly and announced in this newsletter. ))

• William McKain elected as the 35th Sheriff of LS County
    Capt. Robert Berglund was promoted to Undersheriff, assigned to Office of the Undersheriff

Dep. (Bonus I) Emily Norwood was promoted to Sergeant, assigned to FTP Administrator, Field Training Program
    Dep. (Bonus I) Christopher Fortin was promoted to Sergeant, assigned to Operation Safe Streets Bureau
    Dep. (Bonus I) Michael Kowalczyk was promoted to Sergeant, assigned to Team Leader, Special Enforcement Bureau

Dep. Booker Lesane was upgraded to Bonus II, assigned to Resident Deputy, Dillimore Sheriff's Station
    Dep. Jessica Gray was upgraded to Bonus II, assigned to Pre-Employment Unit, Training Bureau
    Dep. Jovan Novakovic was upgraded to Bonus II, assigned to Pre-Employment Unit, Training Bureau

Dep. David Sanchez was upgraded to Bonus I, assigned to Team Member, Special Enforcement Bureau
    Dep. Robert Lara was upgraded to Bonus I, assigned to Team Member, Special Enforcement Bureau
    Dep. Anthony Morillo was upgraded to Bonus I, assigned to Team Member, Special Enforcement Bureau

Dep. Martin Pulido was upgraded to Bonus I, assigned to Team Member, Special Enforcement Bureau
    Dep. Nathan Speirs was upgraded to Bonus I, assigned to Team Member, Special Enforcement Bureau

Dep. George Carter was upgraded to Bonus I, assigned to Traffic Investigator, Traffic Services Detail
    Dep. Franscisco Lopez was upgraded to Bonus I, assigned to Field Training Officer, Field Training Program

• Dep. Remington Harper graduated Field Training, assigned to Dillimore Sheriff's Station
    Dep. George Carter graduated Field Training, assigned to Dillimore Sheriff's Station
    Dep. Franscisco Lopez graduated Field Training, assigned to Dillimore Sheriff's Station
    Dep. Victor LaGarde graduated Field Training, assigned to Dillimore Sheriff's Station
    Dep. Paul Landano graduated Field Training, assigned to Dillimore Sheriff's Station
    Dep. Connor Gardner graduated Field Training, assigned to Dillimore Sheriff's Station

SPACER
Department Memorandums and Directives
March 2024

SPACER
Deputy of the Month
March 2024

This month's Deputy of the Month has gone above and beyond and excelled in her assignment and daily work. She has been a standout Deputy. Congratulations to:

Deputy Sheriff Jessica Gray
For Deputy Gray's continuous efforts in the Department, she will be awarded the Distinguished Service Award. Her immense dedication to the Department and her commitment for continuously excellent standards within the Pre-Employment Unit are not overlooked. Deputy Gray has shown conduct of an exemplary Deputy by proving time and again to being a role model for others in her Unit and the Department as a whole. (( Faction member shall be issued a one-time monetary reward of $50,000. ))
SPACER
Meet the Internal Affairs & Advocacy Bureau - Capt. Ximena Cervantes
March 2024

Greetings all,

Hope this message finds you all well! Today, I am excited to give you an insider's look into one of the key pillars of any good law enforcement agency, and that is the Internal Affairs Bureau and the Advocacy Bureau. These two bureaus are the backbone in navigating the complexity of law enforcement with integrity, transparency, and, above all, a steadfast commitment to the principles of justice and constitutional policing.

A lot of you might not know what the Advocacy Bureau is, in the simplest terms, it is the department's guiding light when it comes to legal and ethical policing practices. This bureau is where the rubber meets the road in ensuring our operations not only comply with the letter of the law but also with its spirit. Its main purpose is to advise the department’s executives on legal matters as well as represent the department by directly handling lawsuits filed against it. Part of this is to oversee critical review processes and deal with risk management in order to maintain the LSSD's integrity and public trust.

As we move forward, the bureau will be committed to introducing policies and case laws aimed at enhancing and ensuring constitutional compliance and as such will work hand-in-hand with the Internal Affairs Bureau aimed at enforcing professionalism across the board.

Our vision onwards is to be a pillar of ethical policing, an exemplar of transparency, and a bridge of trust between the department and the community we serve. We aim to foster an environment where accountability is not just a requirement but a badge of honor, where every department member feels empowered to uphold the highest standards of conduct, and where our community feels confident in our commitment to justice and fairness.

Every action we take and every decision we make must be a reflection of our unwavering commitment to integrity. I expect each member to embody the highest ethical standards, ensuring that our work consistently upholds the constitution and the values of our department. We will not wait for challenges to arise before we act. Instead, we will proactively engage with these challenges. Our success depends on our ability to work together as a team and with the wider department. I expect open lines of communication, a willingness to share knowledge and experience, and a commitment to transparent operations that build trust both within the LSSD and with the public so that the cases we handle and represent are handled effectively and swiftly without withholding facts. It is vital to remember that in almost all cases, our duty is to defend the department and its members against claims and accusations, so even when deputies are at fault, it is better for the department to handle it internally rather than air out dirty laundry and involve third parties to adjudicate.

Therefore, the development and implementation of comprehensive training programs focused on case laws, constitutional policing and ethical law enforcement is essential and is something I will look into implementing in the long term to equip every deputy with the knowledge and skills needed to navigate legal dilemmas.

In the short term, I will look into undertaking a thorough review of current department policies and practices to identify areas for improvement as well as strengthening our internal accountability mechanisms. This will include refining our process for handling complaints and misconduct, improving our investigative procedures, and ensuring that accountability and fairness are at the heart of all we do.

As we move forward with these plans, I invite each of you to share your ideas and your concerns either publicly or privately. This initiative will require dedication, hard work, and a collective commitment. If there are any questions about the nature of this work or have any suggestions to share, I am always available to reach and am all ears. After all, we are here to support you in every way we can.

SPACER
(( Office of the Sheriff's Closing Letter ))
March 2024

Unfortunately, I will have to finish this newsletter with OOC remarks, but I hope we will reach the month of May with an in-character message. Throughout March, we've faced several issues. One of the biggest issues we've faced is inactivity within the faction. On the other hand, we've seen the departure of several Executive Staff members, who took an important part in building this faction, including both Davis and Mark. Overall, the main issue appeared to be that most of the members were demotivated either due to the state of the server or due to some of the issues internally that they had pointed out.

Our team is determined to handle the issues at hand, and certain actions have already been taken. We continue to be transparent on an OOC level, and as you might've seen we made a couple of changes within the faction. We're working on revitalizing some of the important components such as the Detective Bureau and Aero Bureau. Traffic Services Detail was also introduced recently and will provide a different approach to Law Enforcement Roleplay for those interested in it. We managed to get a handful of reinstatements and transfers, as we expect them to keep coming in. Some of the staffing issues within certain units, such as the Special Enforcement Bureau, are finally being dealt with. It's worth mentioning that we found a replacement for the Chief Legal Advisor, following the departure of the previous one. Finally, we're pushing out several incentives for our active members such as various assignments, awards, and more that are yet to come.

All in all, we see the incoming period as a prosperous time for the faction, and we continue to seek the potential for improvements. We aim to keep delivering high-quality roleplay to the community while making it enjoyable for everyone involved, starting with our faction members. For the very end, I have to thank all the hardworking and active members of the faction, especially those within the Command structure who work behind the scenes to ensure the proper growth of the faction.

Sincerely,

crazy serb
SHERIFF
CAPTAIN RUSSELL ADELSON
Unit Commander, Sheriff's Information Bureau
Los Santos County Sheriff's Department — "A Tradition of Service"
Robert Lara
Deputy Sheriff (Bonus I)
Deputy Sheriff (Bonus I)
RC-RP Forum Name: Benny.
Primary Assignments: Special Enforcement Bureau

Re: NEWSLETTER - MARCH 2024

Post by Robert Lara »

:twisted: :twisted:
Image DEPUTY SHERIFF BOBBY LARA
Special Enforcement Bureau, Team Member
Robert Berglund
Undersheriff
Undersheriff
RC-RP Forum Name: DinkDonk
Primary Assignments: Training Bureau

Post by Robert Berglund »

Congratulations
UNDERSHERIFF ROBERT BERGLUND

SERGEANT JAMES WESTLING — DILLIMORE SHERIFF'S STATION
William McKain
Sheriff
Sheriff
RC-RP Forum Name: crazy serb
Primary Assignments: Office of the Sheriff

Post by William McKain »

Congratulations to everyone once again. Keep it up!
SHERIFF WILLIAM MCKAIN
Executive Office of the Sheriff
Malcolm Blackburn
Deputy Sheriff (Bonus II)
Deputy Sheriff (Bonus II)
RC-RP Forum Name: Tommy Tomi
Primary Assignments: Dillimore Station

Post by Malcolm Blackburn »

Congratulations, everybody
Robert Benavides
Retired Sheriff
Retired Sheriff
RC-RP Forum Name: mark
Primary Assignments: Office of the Sheriff

Re: MONTHLY NEWSLETTER - MARCH 2024

Post by Robert Benavides »

Well done.
SHERIFF EMERITUS ROBERT BENAVIDES
Executive Office of the Sheriff
SHERIFF EMERITUS JULIAN DAVALOS
Francisco Lopez
Deputy Sheriff (Bonus I)
Deputy Sheriff (Bonus I)
RC-RP Forum Name: Gregory30

Post by Francisco Lopez »

Great newsletter, congratulations!
Derrick Cohen
Deputy Sheriff
Deputy Sheriff
RC-RP Forum Name: ihealyou
Primary Assignments: Dillimore Station

Post by Derrick Cohen »

Congratulations to everybody & good job with the newsletter!
DEPUTY SHERIFF DERRICK COHEN
Dillimore Sheriff's Station
Cody Schrader
Deputy Sheriff
Deputy Sheriff
RC-RP Forum Name: SausageFruit

Post by Cody Schrader »

congrats and good work
Christian Malinao
Deputy Sheriff