LSSD Internal Affairs Bureau — Public Complaint Process

The current Sheriff is William McKain.

Moderator: Command Staff

Internal Affairs

LSSD Internal Affairs Bureau — Public Complaint Process

Post by Internal Affairs »

PROCEDURES FOR PUBLIC COMPLAINTS

How Do I Make A Complaint?
Please read this document entirety before submitting a complaint.

You may make a complaint in person, online, or by calling or writing to any Sheriff’s station, jail or facility. When you make your complaint in person, ask for the Watch Commander or person in charge. The Watch Commander will listen to your matter and forward the matter through the appropriate channels. For additional information on filing a complaint contact our non-emergency hotline (( call 911 and select "Non-Emergency" )).

To make an online complaint, fill out the form at the bottom of this page and submit it when prompted. You may also print out the form and mail it to any Sheriff's station, jail, or facility. Please note that any information missing from your submitted form may delay the handling of the case. Any personal information you provide will not be shared with anyone outside of Internal Affairs.

What Happens After I Make A Complaint?
The Sheriff’s Department will look into your matter and talk to the people involved. Please give us a list of people you think we should talk to that can give us specific information about your matter. The amount of time it takes to complete a complaint review or investigation depends on many factors and can vary from a few days to several months.

You can check with the Sheriff’s Department at any time about your matter. When we are finished looking into the matter, we will write and tell you what was decided. The Department may find that your matter is substantiated and take appropriate action with respect to the employee.

On the other hand, the Department may not find enough information to substantiate misconduct on the part of our employee. If you are dissatisfied with that decision, you can talk to the Station Captain or the person who was in charge of looking into your complaint. They will listen to your reason for dissatisfaction and try to assist you.

CLICK HERE TO BEGIN FILING A COMPLAINT.
(( OOC Disclaimer ))
(( The Internal Affairs Bureau only handles in-character matters and does not handle out-of-character issues. If you have an issue with a member of the LSSD's roleplay quality or portrayal, or have OOC concerns regarding a member of the LSSD, then you need to contact a member of the Executive Staff. There is no format for an OOC complaint. ))

Code: Select all

[divbox=white,black]

[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/kgUCs3r.png[/img][/center]
[hr][/hr]
[center][size=125][b]INTERNAL AFFAIRS BUREAU
COMPLAINT INTAKE[/b][/size][/center]
[hr][/hr]

[u][b]SECTION I. COMPLAINANT INFORMATION[/b][/u]
[b]Name:[/b] Firstname Lastname
[b]Phone:[/b] Phone Number
[b]Address:[/b] Address

[u][b]SECTION II. INCIDENT DETAILS[/b][/u]
[b]Names of Involved Deputies:[/b] 
[b]Date of Incident:[/b] MM/DD/YYYY
[b]Approximate Time of Incident:[/b] XX:XX AM/PM
[b]Location of Incident:[/b] Location

[b]Details of Incident 
[i][size=80]Please summarize your complaint/commendation.  Be sure to include all applicable names of witnesses and any other factual, supporting information.[/i][/size]

TEXTHERE

[b]Evidence (if applicable):[/b]